Tuesday 21 June 2011

Day Trip to Ikea

Whew I spent most of today walking around Ikea.  It was as always a truly lovely experience.  I love the whole notion that anything can be organised.  I've heard it said that you should declutter before you buy the storage containers etc, but Ikea just makes you want to buy the stuff first and then sort.  I am still deliberating over my clutter problem.  I do feel I need to do some sorting and clearing.  It has been about 6 months from I last removed anything from the house.  I think its possible stagnation has occured and I need to get the process moving again.

I've been reading a bit of Peter Walsh, trying to get motivated.  Its hard because my clutter problem is unique, like me!  Plus I don't believe in just bringing all our unwanted stuff to the dump.  That would be the complete antithesis of why I have so much stuff.  I feel it has to go to a good home at the very least.  I think on a smaller scale I could make these decisions with relative ease.  The fact that I have amassed a sizable clutter collection, I think contributes to me seeing the problem as 'big'.  The obvious solution would be to break it down into smaller jobs.  This all seems good in theory, in practice however its a little more difficult.  I am hoping to make a start at least at the weekend.  I will share my process here and some photos.  Should be a good incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment