Sunday 26 June 2011

Day 1 of 21 items out the door

I decided that the best way to make a difference would be to commit to removing the items as the title suggests.  I tend to do the clutter shuffle alot, stuff get moved from one surface to a box or bag and doesn't get looked at again for years.  I am indiscriminate in my approach too, mobile phones and passports have been known to be buried in one of these clutter boxes. 

Today I removed to black binbags of clothes that I will bring to a charity clothing bank.  There is an excellent one near by me that gives the choice of charities to give clothing to.  There is also an Oxfam one to put books and Cds and Dvds in.  So that is pretty handy. 

I'm feeling a little bit lighter just from taking those items out of the house.  Its funny how things can stagnate and by removing things there seems to be more room to breathe.  This dynamic is probably something that people whose homes are clutter free have already caught on to.  There is along way to go, but doing this a bit at a time is the only way, as they say it took time to build up and its going take some time to get rid of.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I love how the de-cluttering momentum builds.

    ReplyDelete